I find dedicated time on the 31st of every year for self-reflection.
I could not do this year for 2022. I went to see fireworks with my family and returned around 1:30 AM.
Right before I closed my eyes, a bunch of thoughts started flashing in front of my eyes. I started jotting it down as a Twitter thread.
Today is 1st January 2023, and I decided to polish and make a list of thoughts as a source of truth for 2023.
In no particular order, here it goes:
- If you don’t get the private victory, you lack discipline.
- If you don’t get public success, measure the gain, not the gap. And give another 365 days.
- Think opportunity cost for the wise investment of time.
- Say no to create time.
- Eat less to sleep less, which will make more time.
- Exercise in the evening to reset the mood for after-hour study or passion projects.
- Read books. Transform and write perspectives and experiences.
- Listen more. Talk to make a point.
- Cut the clutter. Focus on what matters.
- Explore three places and three varieties of vegetarian food from different parts of the world and follow three people. Know everything above them and build a digital tree.
- Write every day. Edit and publish weekly.
- Do serious work. But don’t take me seriously.
- Realize every day that 2023 has just started, but 2024 is only 365, and 2025 is less than 750 days away!